• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRH

Original poster
Apr 6, 2020
Greetings from the Missouri Ozarks...I know absolutely nothing of smoking Meats...I don't have a smoker or smokehouse(this is what I am aiming for 'cause we have a whole lot of meats~Hereford Hogs, one or two calves usually-right now our last two boys are in the freezers, chickens and sometime this year getting rabbits, turkeys and goats) running around here at the homestead)...What I do know is that this is going to be a very interesting knowledge journey. I search for books on smoking, charcuterie(sp.) and curing meats and also some very fancy smokehouse plans to the more homestead friendly plans, i.e. less costly plans-I really like those, lol.
Hoping to glean some good information here. Thanks for having me. Denise

Welcome glad to have you on board lot of great guys and gals on here with tons of info. Just search and read or ask questions.

Warren

Welcome from SC! As much knowledge here as in any book. These folks are willing to share too.

Welcome from Virginia! You said you dont own a smoker? Do you own a grill either charcoal or propane? If so you can smoke on it! I started out smoking babyback ribs on my propane grill, turn on the far side burner placed the meat on the other side and made smoke packets by putting the wood chips you can buy in the grocery store I to aluminum foil wraps a poked holes in the packet then placed that packet over tip the burner and bam I was smoking on a propane grill. Ha e fun with it there is alot of people with great advice on this site I think you will enjoy it!

Thanks to all. A special shout-out to RichGTS~~Camdenton~~Go MO~~, lol. I fully intend to glean asmuch info as I can. I have a couple of small grills and a rock firepit that we cook over, it's suitable for cast iron cookery, and would love to have the grill that is used on the Pioneer Woman show, if I could find the construction plans, my husband would love to build one. In the house, I've a wood stove fully loaded for cooking someday!!

Reactions: RichGTS
Welcome from the Alabama woods!, yes there are still woods down here.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky