Newbie question about foiling sauce for spares...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

trykonxl

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 1, 2013
Harford co Maryland
Hey guys/gals....

This is my first season with my smoker.  Ive done several racks of ribs using Jeff's rub and BBQ sauce and the 3-2-1 method.  They all have come out FANTASTIC!!  Ive been using straight apple juice during the foiling.  My question is ......What other options for a foiling sauce are there.  Ive searched a bit and Ive found what seem to be more of a glaze then a sauce for foiling.  I dont want a glaze.  Both racks today will get a generous coating of Jeffs BBQ sauce during the last 30 minutes.  Just wondering if there is something I can do differently during the foiling stage the make them even better.....Thanks for any and all help....

I'm no expert but I either use Bone Sucking Sauce mixed with a little honey when I foil or Tasty Licks Sweet and Tangy sauce. The tasty licks is thicker so I don't bother using the honey.

I have tried doing a combination of Parkay squeeze butter with brown sugar and honey once but no one liked them. My family and friends are happy with what I normally do and so I am, so I see no need to change it up. Don't get me wrong I will throw a rack on to experiment with once in a while but haven't found that WOW combination yet. ~Joe

The sky's the limit.

Bourbon or beer (a nice malty dark ale).

AJ and ACV works.

Cranberry and ACV.

Trigg uses honey, Parkay, tiger sauce, and brown sugar but I imagine it fits into your glaze category.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky