Newbie from Downunder

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ozziemarty

Original poster
Aug 31, 2010
Adelaide, South Australia
G'Day from Downunder mates!  I'm Marty from Downunder..South Australia..and have only been a member of SMF for about a month.  Thanks for all the good ideas about smoking etc.  The truth of the matter is, I grew up in Pittsburgh with my grandparents cold smoking "kolbassi" in the winter months.  I was only the "go-for" boy when something was needed and never really learned the sausage making process nor the smoking.  Moved to Florida a little later in life and only used a Weber Kettle Grill for smoking the holiday turkeys. Now living in South Australia and slowing learning outdoor cooking from all of you plus already enrolled in the 5 online lessons.  Hope to learn alot more from all of you.

Thanks - Marty     

Welcome to a great place Marty!

Lots of info from many great cooks here is free for the taking.

Bearcarver

Welcome Marty, you will like it here. Lots of great ideas and help for you 

Hey Marty

Welcome to the SMF family!!!

This is the place to learn about meat and the smoking thereof.

icon_cool.gif

First off Welcome Marty to SMF.  You'll like it here for there are alot of really good folks here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking. Now there are alot of proven recipes for some amazing things here too. So if you need sign up for the E-Course it's free and it will give you the basics of smoking and some good methods to use also. So the next big thing for you to do is go out and get you something to smoke and if you happen to have any questions just post it here and we will be happy to answer them for you.

Welcome To Your New Addiction

G'day to you, Marty.  As you have noticed, lots of great folks and great food and tip ideas to be found in these forums. 

Enjoy!

Welcome Marty...  I look forward to some great Aussie Q-view from ya'.

I have a question... If a BBQ grill is called a Barbie there... Would a Smoker be called a Shelia? Probably not.
PDT_Armataz_01_03.gif

Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome. I have enjoyed reading and learning from the forums so far. 

Smoke_Chef - It's a Bar-bee here...no comment on the Shelia part.  I made that mistake once, and only once.  It's cold at night here in South Australia and the dog doesn't appreciate company in her dog box.  LOL

Will send pictures when I do my smokes.  Not much of a variety in terms of smokers here in Oz.  At the moment, I'm experimenting with my gas bar-bee.  I did build a plywood cold smoker a few weeks ago and tried my hand at sausage.  They didn't look much like my grandparents sausage but tasted pretty good.  Reading more about cold smoking from the forums.

Will send pictures when I do my smokes.  Not much of a variety in terms of smokers here in Oz.  At the moment, I'm experimenting with my gas bar-bee.  I did build a plywood cold smoker a few weeks ago and tried my hand at sausage.  They didn't look much like my grandparents sausage but tasted pretty good.  Reading more about cold smoking from the forums.
Here's a great place to start.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/products/category/books

Hello Marty, and welcome to the SMF. Keep reading the forums, there is a lot of good information from great folks. It's all good my friend.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky