newbie cooking a leg

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

paul pelletier

Original poster
Apr 7, 2007
atlanta
I have enjoyed a leg of lamb on easter for as long as I can remember. We have always done it on a rotiserie. this year I wanted to try my new water smoker. I am looking for any suggestions and how to estimate cooking time. The leg I got this year is about 5 pounds and boneless. thanks

Paul, welcome to SMF. Slip over to Roll Call and introduce yourself. Don't for get to sign up for the 5 day eCourse. Sorry I don''t know anything about lamb.

I have often enjoyed a leg of lamb (bone in) on the rotisserie too.
To date I have not tried it on my ECB. Here in Ontario we mostly get lamb from New Zealand (very flavorful) but also local raised which is much milder in taste (veal like) It tends to be expensive, so I usually wait for a sale.

I looked up some info for BBQing boneless leg of lamb and found that you want an internal of 130º at finish.
Flavoring with garlic, rosemary, salt & pepper.

The New Zealand web site has many recipes, which should be easy to adapt to smoking.
Here is their link .... http://www.nzlamb.ca/recipes/recipes...amb.php#herbed

Can't wait to see how you make out .......!

Squeezy (Paul)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky