New Years Eve Pizza

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Our big plans last night was to make pizza and play games while watching the New Years Eve shows. Yea I know we are getting old :) Not sure if I have posted our low carb pizza in the past so here is what we did yesterday.

Below are the ingredients for the crust. 24 oz mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup cream cheese, 3 cups almond flour , 4 tsp white wine vinegar, 4 tspn salt ( I used Pink Himalayan) and 4 eggs.

crust ingredients.jpg

First up you melt the mozzarella and cream cheese in the microwave and blend together into a homogeneous mix as best possible with a spatula. I did this in two batches just estimating the "half" of each cheese and then after this pic blended them all together.

cheese melted.jpg

Next I added the melted cheese and all other ingredients to the Kitchenaid with a dough hook. I did whisk the eggs some prior to adding them. Mixed until we had a nice consistent dough. After it was done I oiled my hands up good and divided the dough into two sections for the two pizzas on well oiled stone pans.

ready to roll out.jpg

I spread it out by hand but it can also be rolled between two parchment sheets. I may start to do it that way to get it a little more consistent in thickness throughout. After its all spread out I hit it all over with a fork to keep sections from potentially bubbling up.

rolled out crust.jpg

Popped these in the oven for 400F convection bake. I like to get them pretty brown to insure the crusty isn't mushy. Usually takes around 15 minutes or so.

crust browned.jpg

Got the ingredients ready while the crust was baking. Ended up using two cans of anchovies on one, guaranteed i get to eat that whole pie as my wife wont touch it lol. All I had on hand was sandwich pepperoni so I just cut it up to make it easier to eat. Here are the pizzas loaded up and ready to go back in the 400F oven. Hit it with plenty of cheese and sauce, really love the sauce as it has nice big chunks of tomato in it.
Hi
ready to bake.jpg

Well here it is fresh and hot out of the oven and smelling pretty irresistible!
pizza done 1.jpg

ginger beer.jpg

Well that's it. Was off to the table to play games with my wife. She had some sparkling wine for the occasion and I had my favorite Ginger beer. For the record she beat me 3 out of the 4 games we played which is ok lol, Happy wife happy life!! Happy New Year and thanks for looking.

That looks Mighty Tasty from my Den!!
Nice Job!
Like.
Happy New Year!

BTW: Mrs Bear went to bed at 9PM---I wasn't far behind @ 9:30PM.

Bear

Reactions: jcam222
Pizzas look great! Have to show this to my wife and give it a try if she thinks it's a good idea. She tries watching her carbs... I do too, as I'm eating bread and potatoes!

Must have been in the cards last night cuz she kicked my butt too!

Ryan

I love homemade pizza, they look great, especially with anchovie, nice method and result.

I see you cook the base first, why is that? I have never done it that way, does it give more crisp or ?

what game do you play ? We play cribbage here.

I love homemade pizza, they look great, especially with anchovie, nice method and result.

I see you cook the base first, why is that? I have never done it that way, does it give more crisp or ?

This crust type can tend to be mushy if you don’t get it nice and thin and pre bake it. For games last night we played a new trivia game and a card game based on spelling ala scrabble type thing.

that's some good looking pizza, can go for a slice of that, yeah we're getting older to, tried to make to midnight but at 11 o'clock the mrs said the heck with it and I wasn't going to argue.

Our big plans last night was to make pizza and play games while watching the New Years Eve shows. Yea I know we are getting old :) Not sure if I have posted our low carb pizza in the past so here is what we did yesterday.

Below are the ingredients for the crust. 24 oz mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup cream cheese, 3 cups almond flour , 4 tsp white wine vinegar, 4 tspn salt ( I used Pink Himalayan) and 4 eggs.

View attachment 426362

First up you melt the mozzarella and cream cheese in the microwave and blend together into a homogeneous mix as best possible with a spatula. I did this in two batches just estimating the "half" of each cheese and then after this pic blended them all together.

View attachment 426363

Next I added the melted cheese and all other ingredients to the Kitchenaid with a dough hook. I did whisk the eggs some prior to adding them. Mixed until we had a nice consistent dough. After it was done I oiled my hands up good and divided the dough into two sections for the two pizzas on well oiled stone pans.

View attachment 426364
I spread it out by hand but it can also be rolled between two parchment sheets. I may start to do it that way to get it a little more consistent in thickness throughout. After its all spread out I hit it all over with a fork to keep sections from potentially bubbling up.

View attachment 426365

Popped these in the oven for 400F convection bake. I like to get them pretty brown to insure the crusty isn't mushy. Usually takes around 15 minutes or so.

View attachment 426368

Got the ingredients ready while the crust was baking. Ended up using two cans of anchovies on one, guaranteed i get to eat that whole pie as my wife wont touch it lol. All I had on hand was sandwich pepperoni so I just cut it up to make it easier to eat. Here are the pizzas loaded up and ready to go back in the 400F oven. Hit it with plenty of cheese and sauce, really love the sauce as it has nice big chunks of tomato in it.
Hi
View attachment 426369

Well here it is fresh and hot out of the oven and smelling pretty irresistible!
View attachment 426371

View attachment 426372

Well that's it. Was off to the table to play games with my wife. She had some sparkling wine for the occasion and I had my favorite Ginger beer. For the record she beat me 3 out of the 4 games we played which is ok lol, Happy wife happy life!! Happy New Year and thanks for looking.
Sounds like fun and the pizza looks great! Happy New Year!!

Wife sighed tonight during a pizza commercial "wish I can eat pizza".
I guess Keto may be in her future diet.

Our usually Christmas to new Year game is a jigsaw puzzle. Daughter finished it this morning before she departed.

That looks Mighty Tasty from my Den!!
Nice Job!
Like.
Happy New Year!

BTW: Mrs Bear went to bed at 9PM---I wasn't far behind @ 9:30PM.

Bear
I like the pizzas and sounds like you and the missus had a nice time.
Pizzas look great! Have to show this to my wife and give it a try if she thinks it's a good idea. She tries watching her carbs... I do too, as I'm eating bread and potatoes!

Must have been in the cards last night cuz she kicked my butt too!

Ryan

that's some good looking pizza, can go for a slice of that, yeah we're getting older to, tried to make to midnight but at 11 o'clock the mrs said the heck with it and I wasn't going to argue.
Sounds like fun and the pizza looks great! Happy New Year!!
Wife sighed tonight during a pizza commercial "wish I can eat pizza".
I guess Keto may be in her future diet.

Our usually Christmas to new Year game is a jigsaw puzzle. Daughter finished it this morning before she departed.
Thanks for all the kind words on these. We do enjoy these pizzas from time to time. Surprised to see at least one other person here likes anchovies!! I love them

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky