New weapon in my arsenal

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cybergoon

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 23, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I ordered and have now received my CyberQ Wi-Fi. I got it with one 25CFM fan, adapter for my WSM 22.5" and an adapter for my large trailer smoker. Won't be using the trailer smoker any more this year due to surgery on my arm, unless I heal REALLY fast though. Planning on putting it to the test on the WSM tomorrow morning to smoke my first pork loins and ABTs. Any tips/tricks would be appreciated. I may need a second fan to run it on the big smoker, but didn't want to shell out the extra $200 for a second fan, adapter and adapter until I have a chance to try it with just one fan first.

Thanks,

Marc

Sounds awesome. Can't wait to see the review of it.

Sounds like a good plan so far! Good luck on the recuperation from surgery.
icon14.gif

Well, I have the CyberQ Wi-Fi up and running on my WSM.i have it connected to the Internet and port forwarded with no problems. Had a snafu when starting up the smoker though. Filled my ring with unlit, poured on about 15 lit coals and sealed it up and turned on the CyverQ set for 250. Temp on CyberQ started to rise, then drop and was kind of all over the place, though the dome temp was almost 200 and CyberQ showed 93-104. Decided to hook up one of the meat probes and see what it read on the grate, but noticed the Cook probe wasn't clicked all the way into the jack. Clicked it in all the way and the fan stopped and temp jumped to 235. Fan had been running 100% up to that point. Temp overshot to 285, but has since calmed down, so now I can start to see how this baby performs. I will update later.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky