New vacmaster 360 question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kingfishcam

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 25, 2012
Livingston county, Michigan
Just got my new 360. I am uses to looking at the seal bar. This has a black tape, an a yellow sealer under the tape.
should this tape and seal be removed before use? Nothing in instructions, and all videos still have tape on because they are not actually in use.
Already called Lisa, no answer.

I leave the tape on mine, to be honest I never thought about taking it off. My old food saver also has black tape on it and I used that for 15 years.

THanks!

I leave the tape on mine, to be honest I never thought about taking it off. My old food saver also has black tape on it and I used that for 15 years.

My old one did not have the tape, so was unsure.

^^^^^yep. Leave the tape on. The tape covers the seal bars to keep them in place. Both the tape and the seal bars are replaceable, as are both the top and bottom vac chamber foam seals. I recommend keeping a repair kit on hand because it never fails that they go out when you have a large batch of stuff to vac seal! The kit is like $15-20 bucks.

And one tip- I take a bathroom towel and fold it over on it's self 3-4 times and place that in front of the machine seal bar. makes it easy to seal two 8" bags at one time....

^^^^^yep. Leave the tape on. The tape covers the seal bars to keep them in place. Both the tape and the seal bars are replaceable, as are both the top and bottom vac chamber foam seals. I recommend keeping a repair kit on hand because it never fails that they go out when you have a large batch of stuff to vac seal! The kit is like $15-20 bucks.

And one tip- I take a bathroom towel and fold it over on it's self 3-4 times and place that in front of the machine seal bar. makes it easy to seal two 8" bags at one time....
Or a 13x9 baking pan turned upside down in front of it

Reactions: indaswamp
Any chance of a picture of said tape? I have an older vac master and it didn't have anything that resembled tape on the heat bar. Just curious what it looks like. No rush on the pic, this is just for learning purposes.

Thanks
Corey

Any chance of a picture of said tape? I have an older vac master and it didn't have anything that resembled tape on the heat bar. Just curious what it looks like. No rush on the pic, this is just for learning purposes.

Thanks
Corey
Some of them just have the teflon covering on the heat bar

Reactions: Coreymacc
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky