new toy!!! so excited!! with some cajun sausage and brat QV!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

webowabo

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Dec 25, 2010
Arlington, TX
I gave myself a "you worked to darn hard all week" present today. NorthernTool has there 5lb stuffer on sale for $79.99, plus I had a $20 GC from there.. so $60 and I got my first stuffer... SO EXCITED.. now to decide what sausage to stuff first with it... 

Im thinking some brats (since I have a High moutain seasoning pack left over from a Christmas package) for sure, and some green onion sausage so go with Red Beans and Rice.. 

Cant wait to start my new chapter of cooking.... :) 
Hope everyone is having a great weekend.. I am now!!!!

Mike

Awesome Mikey.

Hope to see some sausage Q-veiw.

go for it man, sittin in kitchen cooking up some fresh kraut and have ckicken in freezer hardening up gettin ready for grinder. gonna have bratburgers tonite.
Nice JC! I have 3 different books on sausage making and recipes, etc.. that I have read over and over.. and the past few hours going back through trying to decide what I want to do first... so many to choose from. I only have one pack of hog casings.....

some bratburgers you speak of.. sounds great!

Boy, will you like that. My sausage making got soooo much easier with a dedicated stuffer. Enjoy!

Disco

Boy, will you like that. My sausage making got soooo much easier with a dedicated stuffer. Enjoy!

Disco
thanks DIsco.. yeah messing with my grinder attactment like ive been doing  the past few years... that was tuff tuff tuff stuffing sausage by myself. Messy and meat slime everywhere.... I cant wait.. 

:)

messing with my grinder attactment like ive been doing  the past few years...

:)
WOW are you in for a whole new experience man. it makes stuffing so much easier. ended up with italian burgers, didn't have all spices for brats. just did a patty instead of stuffing. we didn't feel like getting casings out. threw some sliced onions in skillet with pattys while cookin.

Hey Mikey,

Sounds like you really deserved a lil' present after a tough week. You will not regret it! A vertical sausage stuffer makes all the difference, you'll love it!

Looking forward to seeing some sausage posts from you soon! Have a great Sunday!
Clarissa

Hey Mikey,

Sounds like you really deserved a lil' present after a tough week. You will not regret it! A vertical sausage stuffer makes all the difference, you'll love it!

Looking forward to seeing some sausage posts from you soon! Have a great Sunday!
Clarissa
*muah* Thanks C!!! I really hope you have a good Sunday as well!!!! i was gonna stop and get some meat for tomorrows "sausage"  on my way home.. but tequila had something to say about that...

either way Im so excited to get er stuffin!!!

well.. I woke up early.. got some meat from the store... set up my new "stuffing prep station" in my kitchen (I have a commercial stainless steel door I plan to make a permanent table out of.. but for now I just put ontop of my kitchen table) How FUN was this.....

I started with 5lbs of pork butt for some cajun sausage I found in one of my sausage books, and added green onions to it... 

layed out the seasoning portions... etc.. 

spices for the creole sausage... will post recipe later... 

ground up...

spices and onions and parsley with some water to make a paste

all mixed with the pork...

OK.. NO LAUGHING!!! It took a bit to figure the stuffer and the hog casings out.. (hog casings where interesting to say.. but I got the hang of it by the end) so the first run was "air-ie" second was to full.. thrid I think was good...

creole sausage in the hog casings...

I did 5lbs of LEM brat seasoning to.. pictures are no where to be found ??? but.. youll see on the grill.. 

brats down bottom.... cajun up top.. I had a blow out on the cajun sausage, and the flare ups kinda burned them so I put them on the top shelf...  beer bath ready with some onions once the brats get some color... 

I had to slice the brats up in bite size cute cause I didnt have any knives for individual peoples at the bar. but.. soooooooo good. much better than any store bought that Ive had.. 

I didnt get any pictures this go round of the cajun sausage.. it went to quick.. but I only cooked 2.5lbs of each kind of sausage.. so I have plenty left at the house...

OVERALL..... HOW FUN AND RELAXING WAS SAUSAGE STUFFING!! I might be crazy.. and no one my bar really noticed that it was fresh made sausage.. but, they are drunk most of the time... but It felt GREAT to make this.. I CANT wait to make some more. pork butts are 99cents a pound.. looks like Ill have to stock up.. I have my new addiction to go on with my other addictions... cant wait to start curing some sausage.. and so on.. 

THanks for looking.. 

Happy Sunday! (go cowboys? we barely pulled a win with 2nd worst team in the nfl).. sigh.. but the food was great!!!

They look great man, I'd drink at your bar anyday!

And ol'Jose will reach out and grap ya when ya ain't looking ........ LOL

1800 is still my favorite tequilla, and after 2 years down selling in Mexico I have tasted most of 'em..... I am a yellow tequilla kinda guy.

Last edited:
Nice first batch.   
sausage.gif

Hell yeah..way to go...nice Lem grinder as well. Nothing like half snockered buddies to share sausages with....I do it all the time & they buy me beers....how cool is that. I agree, sooooooo many sausages, so little time......enjoy the new toys.....Willie

You are now the Sultan of Sausage. The Guru of the Grinder. The Squire of the Stuffer.

I love your first choices of sausage and you have shamed me into making more soon. Thanks!

Disco

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky