New to this site but not to the smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hanifen

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 9, 2007
Minneapolis
I am sure like everyone else here I started with tasting great food and wanting to reproduce it myself. First Ribs, then shoulder and brisket. I perfected my rub recipe to where it is all I use on all the above to beer can chicken and even on fried egg sandwiches. About 2 years ago I got the itch to make my own sausage - from Brats, Italian, Breakfast and Southwestern (just to name a few) I ventured into that land. Now my latest thing has been in the world of Meat sticks and summer sausage which my first two batches went double platnium. I stumbled across this site a few days ago and have enjoyed it enough to want to stay. I live in Minneapolis so it seems like there is not a huge choice for great Q or smoke so why not do it yourself I say. I will add here shortly my hardware I use - most comes from my dad or my grandfather (I come from a family of farmers and we always butchered our own cows). My Grinder is a very large and very old Hobart #32. The motor alone take 4 men to move it. Stuffer is also old cast iron that I am told is anywhere from 100 to 125 years old. I just got this from the farm and all it needs is a little cleaning and it will be up and stuffing. My smoker is a New Braunsfeld smoker/grill. I have never seen another one like it and the company does not make them any more. It has a fire box underneath the main chamber and it is very easy to control the tempature and smoke flow. With a few modifications and it works like a charm. Well I think I have went on long enough. So thanks for the site and I look forward to checking it out daily.

Hanifen

Oh and because of this site I ordered the Buckboard bacon cure to give that a try. Bacon is truely a gift from God.

Welcome aboard Hanifen, glad to have you here
icon_biggrin.gif

If you get a chance post us a pic or two of your equipment. Sounds like some unique stuff.

Welcome Hanifen. Sounds like you got this gig down. Glad you are joining us. Be sure and share some pictures with us of your awesome smokes. We love seeing pics
icon_lol.gif

Welcome Hanifen -

Looks like you've got alot of interesting expeiances to share. I love to see your gear! It sounds like you've got some beautiful antiques there.

Welcome to SMF, Hanifen. Lots of topics to pique your intrests. Looking forward to your posts.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky