New to the forum but with a question.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

liquidsmoke

Original poster
Nov 13, 2013
Hello all. New to the forum. I've been smoking meat for a few years now but I have run into a small dilemma to which I do not have an answer. So,this evening I was mixing up a batch of meat for some salami and once I added the spices and cure, I had to leave due to an emergency. I put the mixture into the fridge, covered. Now my question.Now that I'm home, Do I need to finish the process (stuffing and smoking) or can the meat wait until tomorrow morning to complete? Any info would be great. Thanks. Also, love this site. It's been a great source of info over the last few years of smoking meats.

First off,
second! you will be fine waiting to stuff fit tomorrow..... I know several people that wait till the next day, they say it allows the meat and seasonings time to mellow together.......Just curious, where are you from??? ShoneyBoy

Sorry for not signing in at the Roll Call but I figured that this was the best way to get an immediate answer for a unknown problem. Thanks for your inputs. Now I will go over to Roll Call and check in.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky