New to the board: smokin in OH

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

alaskatoy

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 11, 2007
Wonju, South Korea
Hi there. What great site. I have owned my Brinkmann Smoke'N Pit since 1993 and added the firebox to it in 1997. What a great unit. I've had great success with chickens, turkeys, ribs, salmon, and halibut.

But alas, it (the grill) is getting old. It is pretty weathered and rusted on the outside (on the belly). I could and actually inteded to refinish it, but then I saw a pic of a newer, and apparantly bigger model of the Smoke'N Pit. Where can I get one, and what's the going rate? The only thing I can find in San Angelo TX (where I am temporarily) is the original style like the one I already have. Any idea where I can get the newer, larger style? THanks.

Welcome aboard the SMF! Glad you found us!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

walmart has it @ $139.00 w/ the firebox. it may not be the same quality as they were then ( what is ?). not sure if you're talking aboutthe brinkman smoke-n-pit or the s-n-p king(more expensive version of the same & was recalled)

Nice to have you join us at the SMF. We've got members from all over that have most any type of smoker that would interest you.

Hi AlaskaToy!...Welcome to the SMF!...
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
...We're glad to have you aboard!!...

Sorry it took so long to welcome you, but I've been offline due to ISP/computer problems since July 2...
PDT_Armataz_01_09.gif

Until later...

Thanks all for the warm welcome. Smoking a pork shoulder and brisket tonight.

After surfing the site I have changed my mind about getting a bigger smoker and have decided to get a simple weber kettle for grilling and dedicate my smokenpit to a smoker-only unit. Going to try some of the mods suggested here to make better.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky