New to Smoking meat

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokemmike

Original poster
Apr 1, 2016
What's up all. Glad to be a part of this forum! I love smoking meat and just started out with a weber kettle. I love it. It's the the latest and greatest but it works for me! Happy smoking folks ! Mike

Hi Mike!

welcome1.gif
  to SMF!

Glad to have you aboard!

Nothing wrong with a kettle, they put out some good Q!

Al

Reactions: smokemmike
What's up all. Glad to be a part of this forum! I love smoking meat and just started out with a weber kettle. I love it. It's the the latest and greatest but it works for me! Happy smoking folks ! Mike

Not sure you kettle size but they make some cool add ons for the 22.5!

This is the Cajun bandit expansion ring,rotisserie and Ribolator. I just bought this to rotisserie food it's pretty cool! Welcome to SMF!

Reactions: smokemmike
@gearjammer here is my latest endeavor from the past weekend. I had just enough room for a 8lb butt and 1.5 racks of spare ribs. I know they make those racks that will stand the ribs on their side but i went without it instead.

Dang, Mike!  And you didn't invite any of us?  Where are you from?

We have several electric and wood burning smokers but we still sometimes use a pair of hotrodded El Cheapo Brinkmann bullet smokers and have two each Weber Smokey Joes and 22.5" Gold kettles.  If I found out tomorrow that I was going to have to use the kettles forever and not use anything else I don't think I'd be too upset.  They make some darn good eats and are very versatile,,,,

I much prefer the kettle for grilling over the top-of-the-line Weber Genesis gas grill we've got.

Lance

LanceR LanceR hahaha, sorry man it was for my brother and cousin had a long week. I'll invite yall next time! I live in Arkansas but grew up in texas. What about you, where are you from? I love the kettle would also love more space to put more meat on. Yeah im definitely a fan of grilling with wood charcoal than gas. I used to own a gas Brinkman it did pretty well until mother nature claimed it... God rest its soul. [emoji]128517[/emoji]
Mike

Mike, we have a farm in the northwest corner of the Finger Lakes about 20 miles SW of Syracuse, NY. 

I usually toss some fist sized or smaller wood hunks in the kettle with charcoal for more flavor.  That and a screaming hot fire make for a steak no gas grill can match.

Lance

LanceR LanceR that's awesome! can't say I've been to NY. What do you farm specifically? Im with you on the wood chunks.
Mike

Mike, it"s a small place (87 acres) and we plant no-till corn and soybeans.  Soy one year, corn the next..... 

We also have some free range heritage breed chickens but they're more for family and friends than a commercial venture.  We've got Buckeye, Silver Laced Wayandotte and Speckled Sussex birds along with some Silkie bantams that are really just pets.

Come on up!  The fishing and hunting are pretty darn good.

Lance

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky