New to Smoking from West WI

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Drevnick

Original poster
Apr 17, 2019
West Wisconsin
Hi all, New to smoking and the forums. I received a MES 30" smoker for a Christmas gift this past winter. Always been a huge fan of sitting around a charcoal grill and enjoyed experimenting a little with smoking but nothing major. This weekend was my first attempt to smoke something in the MES. After doing a lot of reading I decided on smoking some chicken legs and thighs. I used a Mango Habanero run and smoked them with Hickory for about 3 1/2 hours at 240 degrees, and then a quick blast on the grill to crisp up the skin some. I must say for my first attempt they turned out pretty darn tasty.

Looking forward to reading and learning from everyone here!

Here is a link to a picture of my first attempt.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ozzNRbKb3DLbkDDX8

Reactions: JC in GB
Welcome to the site, happy you joined. There are plenty of MES users here that will help you out if any question arise.

Chris

Those do look pretty darn tasty :-)

Welcome. Check out the electric smoker's forum and the MES forum for tons of knowledge about your smoker. I and many others here own MES's

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky