New to SMF

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shaneb56

Original poster
Oct 19, 2020
Rochester NY
Hello everyone! My name is Shane. I'm located in Rochester NY. I've been smoking for about 10 years (well meat anyway). I started with a vertical drum style then moved to a propane smoker. In May I built my first offset out of two 100 lb tanks and now I am in the middle of a 500 gallon trailer build. I look forward to learning a lot and getting to know all of yous. Cheers and keep the smoke rolling.

Shane

Last edited:
Reactions: JC in GB
Welcome to SMF. Let’s see some pics of your build.
Here is the start. I purchased a underground 500 gal that was manufactured in 1956 along with a 120 gallon pot belly tank (firebox). I'm almost completely done with stripping it down to bare metal (64 year old dirt and rust are tough) because I want to seal it with linseed oil. I found a trailer a couple weeks ago that was used to haul diesel generators that is 4 x 12 so the tank will fit perfectly and still have storage up front. Should be mounting to the trailer in a couple weeks. Then moving on to cutting doors etc.

Attachments

• 1956.jpg
    1956.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Sm1.jpg
    Sm1.jpg
    348.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Sm2.jpg
    Sm2.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 6
  • TR.jpg
    TR.jpg
    353 KB · Views: 5
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky