New to pellet grilling

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Mike444

Original poster
Dec 9, 2018
I am purchasing my first pellet grill and it will be here in a few weeks. Looking for any tips. Especially on ribs and pulled pork. Thanks in advance for the help!!!

For pulled pork, check out recipe br Harry Soo of SlapYo Daddy BBQ. Look at his website or YouTube channel.

That's a great grill, you should be able to put out some great food with it. I am new to pellet cooking also, as I jut got my Timberline 1300. As far as ribs go, I prefer Baby Back to regular ribs but your choice may be different. Lately I have been cooking my ribs either 4-1-1, if I am going to sauce them, or just straight without any wrap. Here is a pic of my first rib cook on my new Timberline 1300, these were done at 225° straight through, no wrap or sauce. I don't wrap my pulled pork butts either, I just prefer the bark that develops without wrapping. There are many great cooks on this site that will help you out with your questions.

I don't wrap ribs anymore on the pellet cooker. I run at 275 and BB's take about 3 hours, and STL's about 3.5.

Reactions: retfr8flyr
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky