New to kamados

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hillbilly jim

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Apr 13, 2015
Floyd, VA
Back in the spring, my wife and I decided to look at kamados. Instead of dumping four digits (or even near to it) in something I knew nothing about, we decided to start small and economical in case we didn't like it.

We bought a Chargriller Akorn Jr. table top model. After four months of dogs, burgers, leg quarters, brats, steaks, chops, fish and myriad veggies, I must say this is a very nice little grill. The cooking grate is only 14 inches diameter, but it's just me and my wife, so it's big enough.

The Jr. is a great little grill, I use mine all the time. The larger Akorn is also a good grill. I have an Akorn, Akorn Jr. and an Kamado Joe Big Joe. I use them all for different reasons, as they all have their good and bad points.

2BFF6287-29F4-4157-816E-3E531059E182.jpeg

Reactions: retfr8flyr
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky