New to Cooking with a Smoker.I

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shagnasty09

Original poster
Jun 18, 2012
Memphis, TN Area
Hi everyone,

I am new to smoking food. I just got a Master Forge Electric smoker, friend swears by it, so I got one. I plan on smoking a Pork Butt this weekend, for some pulled pork sandwiches. I have some homemade North Carolina vinegar based BBQ sauce from another friend. I plan on using the Willinghams dry rub prior on it before smoking.

I am hoping to learn some more recipes for sauces and rubs on here. I live in the Memphis area of TN and most people around here like some BBQ, so I just want to learn how to make some of my own recipes eventually.

welcome1.gif
 to SMF!!! We're happy to have you here! There are lot's of great people here to learn from! Would you do us a favor and add your location to your profile, it helps others to know where you are when they offer advice, Thanks! Also since you are new to this I would suggest that you take Jeff's Free 5 day E-course, it will teach you all the basics and a whole lot more: http://www.smoking-meat.com/smoking-basics-ecourse.html

Hello and welcome to SMF! Glad you joined. There's a whole section dedicated to sauces, rubs, marinades, but then again you find recipes for some in the different meat threads too.

Try the search bar at the top of the page...I'm sure the results will keep you reading for months!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky