• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

New smoker

shaneoco1981

Joined Oct 8, 2016
Hey guys, so, I was smoking a pork butt yesterday and pretty sure I've ruined the cheap green (the REALLY cheap smoker) and I'm shopping for a new smoker. I've pretty much made up my mind to go with a Weber Smoky Mountain. I'm trying to decide what size to get. Is the 22" really worth the extra $100 vs the 18"? I plan to do a fairly big Turkey for thanksgiving this year (15 ish pounds). Will the 18" accommodate a 15 lb turkey or should I go with the 22"?

joe black

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 25, 2015
Bigger is ALWAYS better. A 15# bird will fit on an 18", but will do better on a 22" because you can spatchcock it and it will turn better. I had a 22" at one time and it was great.

Good luck in your new WSM. Joe.:grilling_smilie:

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
I would definitely go with the 22.5.

You will be glad you have the extra space.

Al

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.