new smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Welcome to the forum.  When did you start the brisket, cause at that temp you may be ready by next weeks game.  Minus 14....DAMN.

Glad you joined us ajcanoe, :welcome1: from North Dakota!
Take pictures of your brisket smoke to share with us if possible!

Last edited:
When it gets that cold, I find that I need to add a little more insulation to my MES 40.  I went out and bought some insulation board, cut it to fit and simply taped it together to form a box around my smoker.  I used a scrap piece of plywood to cover the top and keep it from blowing around. 

Made a cut on the side for the wood chip tray.

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Great idea sgmontet.  Hello ajcanoe.  Started at 08:30 and ready for half-time?  Hope that 1/2 lb brisket turns out really well.  
ROTF.gif
  Sorry.  Serious now.  That may be a little ambitious for an electric smoker.  I wish you all the luck in the world.  Of course we don't know the size of brisket, might be doable.  Head up,  never admit defeat!  Keep Smokin!

Danny

I just bring the sucker in the pool room and use a piece of 3 inch flex vent thru a piece of styrofoam taped in the door opening. And I do it a lot earlier than 14 below.
Now how about the weight on that brisket, aj?

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky