• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

New smoker with new MES

southensmoker

Fire Starter
Joined Dec 8, 2010
Just bought a MES 30 (20070910) today and I'm reading all about this free retro-kit, and problems with loading wood chips.  Does anyone know that the model numbers are required in order to get the free retro-kit?  Also I'm smoke ribs tonight at 225 just wondering after an hour should the wood chips be just charred or be ashes?   Thanks  

eman

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
As long as you have smoke don't worry about ashes or char,

I empty my wood chip pan every third smoke . dont care what's in it.

beer-b-q

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined May 1, 2007
Just bought a MES 30 (20070910) today and I'm reading all about this free retro-kit, and problems with loading wood chips.  Does anyone know that the model numbers are required in order to get the free retro-kit?  Also I'm smoke ribs tonight at 225 just wondering after an hour should the wood chips be just charred or be ashes?   Thanks  
You can PM MBTechguy, Darryl and five him your model # and he will send you the retro kit...

Yours it one of the new models that it works on.

20070910 black door/no window, 800 watt heating element, with heating element access door, small wood chip tray

Last edited:

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.