• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

New Smoker Help

Noah

Joined Nov 1, 2018
Looking at purchasing a new electric smoker. I am not sure size however thinking bigger then smaller.

I am looking at Masterbuilt. However which model would your recommend???

Thank you for your time and help

siege

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 16, 2015
I have both a 30 and a 40" MES, and recently added a pellet smoker.
Of the MES sizes, I would go with the larger one. I would prefer to have a little more capacity than I need, as opposed to a bit less.
I have a large family, and utilize all my space. If there is just a single person, or a couple, the 30 would certainly do the job.

normanaj

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 2, 2014
There's just two of us,I have the 30.Its been more than sufficient.

siege

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 16, 2015
I use my Pit Boss 1100 the most. I can smoke, grill, sear, roast, and bake on it. I still use all 3, but each seems to have it's own niche.

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Looking at purchasing a new electric smoker. I am not sure size however thinking bigger then smaller.

I am looking at Masterbuilt. However which model would your recommend???

Thank you for your time and help

There are many guys who are happy with the MES 30.
However there are also many who, like me started with an MES 30, because there was only the 2 of us. Then because of having to cut things in half, like Ribs, and only being able to get 7 pounds of Beef Sticks in at one time, we ended up getting an MES 40. So we ended up spending more money than if we would have just got the MES 40 in the first place.

As for which one to get, check these 2 Links:
Masterbuilt Smokers (Bear's Thoughts & Findings)
MES Generation Number Recognition Pictures & Pics (Digital Units)

Bear

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.