New Smoker Help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sgtgeo

Original poster
Sep 7, 2008
Hello,

Been away for a while.

Currently using a MES electric with the Amazn pellet system. It has the remote to monitor temps etc. it was a big step up from the electric bullet I had before.

It works great but even with the amazn pellet tray I’ve had flare ups all the pellet rows burning etc. also clean up/grease management not so great.

Thinking about a pellet grill. The pellet system just makes sense to me.

So many options out there. Please help me.

Budget $750 max. $500 range better.

I think the grill type seems easier to clean than the vertical type. But I’m open. I have a Weber Genesis LX 2 for direct heat grilling so this is just for smoking Boston butts, chicken, turkey, brisket etc.

Must fit a reasonable (15-18 lb) Turkey. Can be on the turkey cannon type holder. The Traegers and pit boss models don’t seem to have the internal height. GMG? Others?

Thanks
Geoff

The Camp Chef SmokePro SG24 does look like a good fit.

Anyone using this model? Compare to the GMG Daniel Boone?

The WSM is sorta, kind of a pellet smoker when using it for cold smoking. :rolleyes:

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky