New Smoker Grill Yoder Vs Blazi'n Grill Works

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcoleman66

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Oct 3, 2020
Raleigh NC
Good Day All,
I am looking at getting a new smoker/grill and I have narrowed down to the Yoder 640 and the Blaz'n Grill works Grid Iron.
Does anyone have experience with Blazi'N Grill Works? Yoder I am familiar with.

yodersmokers.com/pellet/the-ys640s-pellet-grill/

Thanks,

John

In person they look really cool. Do not know anyone that has used it. Made close to me in Beatrice. So made is NE vs Yoder in KS. I'd be very happy with either.

Reactions: jcoleman66
I Don't know anything about the Grid Iron but I have had a YS649 for 3 or 4 years. It's a pre "S" model and love it. Built like a tank and runs solid. I have smoked everything in it from deviled eggs to brisket to salmon. The addition of the Fireboard controller is a big plus.

The addition of the Fireboard controller is a big plus.
??? I couldn't find any 'Controllers' listed on the Fireboard website; only temp probe sets and related gear. Could you clarify?

I never heard of the Blazi'N Grill Works products before reading this thread, and I have to say they look impressive in the videos and they are half the cost of the Yoders. Nothing wrong with a Yoder for sure, but I'm a tight fisted, fixed income, retiree and love to save money where I can. I noticed the Blazi'N Grill Works controller is a PID controller - another plus IMHO.

Last edited:
??? I couldn't find any 'Controllers' listed on the Fireboard website; only temp probe sets and related gear. Could you clarify?

I never heard of the Blazi'N Grill Works products before reading this thread, and I have to say they look impressive in the videos and they are half the cost of the Yoders. Nothing wrong with a Yoder for sure, but I'm a tight fisted, fixed income, retiree and love to save money where I can. I noticed the Blazi'N Grill Works controller is a PID controller - another plus IMHO.

The yoders now use the Fireboard as the controller for the smokers.

The Blaz'N are roughly the same price as the Yoder. With the Blaz'N you have to add the accessories you want like WIFI, insulation shield in lid, etc

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky