New smokehouse

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

datgerman

Original poster
Dec 6, 2016
I am getting ready to build a permanent smokehouse to cold smoke summer sausages, bacon, smokies/hot sticks, etc. So if anyone has some ideas or at least insight what not to do.....I would love to hear from you. I am building one that is approximately 6'x8' finished space interior, smoke brought in through the floor from a remote fire box. I am thinking about a second smaller chamber that could be used for jerky or smaller batches by redirecting floor smoke directly into smaller chamber. Any thoughts on wood/concrete block/concrete board......secondary heat source for space as well. Thanks!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky