New Rec Tec 700

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

boxkiller

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 15, 2017
South Eastern, PA
Did my first cook on my Rec Tec 700, and what a difference. I have been using a MES 40 for a few years and never really been happy with the results (I am sure it was user error). I know I forgot the pictures, but did a rack of St. Louis ribs and some chicken wings using CookingPellets Perfect Mix. They were the best ribs I have ever made, even my girlfriend wanted more, which almost never happens.

Can't wait to do some longer cooks. I am really happy with the Rec Tec so far. Built well, fast delivery, ticked all the boxes of what I was looking for. Will try and give some updates as I do more cooks.

Congratulations! If I was to ever get a pellet smoker the 700 would be it, all the guys with RecTecs on this site rave about them and pull off great cooks. Maybe someday. RAY

Congrats for sure! had min 1.5 years and love it! Post up pics of your cook/s

I liked mine so much, it is an RT 590, that I bought another one a couple of months later and gifted it.

The person I gifted it to, uses theirs more than I use mine. We are both happy with our Rec Tecs.

I don't think you have really made anything on it yet. "No pics" :emoji_wink:

Congrats, I just purchased the 590 recently and have no complaints other than the alarms are not operational at this time. They are working on the fix supposedly.

Reactions: Blues1
Some random pictures from the last couple of week with my Rec Tec. Still need to figure out how to do pictures from beginning to end. :emoji_sunglasses:

Small Brisket Point
PreWrap.jpg

2hrRest.jpg

OutofWrap.jpg

SomeSlices.jpg

Some Ribs mid cook.
Ribs2hrsin.jpg

I really can't say enough good things about this smoker. Everything just comes out great. Going to try a bone in Turkey breast today for something different.

Received my order of duroc ribs and butts from creekstonefarms. Have never tried heritage pork before but can't find ribs or butts locally right now even local butcher is out so I went the internet route.

Hope everyone is doing well in these strange times.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky