New portable smoker!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nice that's called driving it home! LOL

Enjoy and yes make a drive away check list and check it twice to keep the Grinch away!

PS on our last purchase of a travel trailer the Dealer required that their tech put the hitch in the truck and hook it up..... On the way home (I avoided the interstate, as a just in case thing) and after going through a bump the whole trailer went bang....the dealer tech missed the hitch pin hole and the whole hitch came out and luck would have it the trailer brakes worked and I was able to pull over with tension on the safety chains.... Never again! I should have pulled off the lot and done my own checklist!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: TH-n-PA and Steve H
I always wanted to do exactly what you just did Steve. A-last, I never could get the wife on board with the concept so looking like I get to live vicariously through your adventures. So happy for ya. Enjoy!!!!!

Reactions: Steve H
Awesome rig Steve...

A few more things to add on to @BGKYSmoker (Rick's) list... I always take the keys out and hang them on the antenna crank... So when time to leave you'll remember to lower the antenna ... Don't know if you'll be able to or not since the newer electric awnings don't have legs... but I ALWAYS tie my awning down... If the awning comes out.. it gets tied down... Seen to many fly up over the RV from a sudden gust of wind ...
I can imagine that this can happen to awnings with wind sensors as well?

No.. you wouldn't want to tie down one with wind sensors... unless sensors are turned off ... But like I say.. the new electric ones don't have the leg supports... much harder to tie them down... I had a custom piece made so I could attach the legs off a manual awning onto my electric awning... this gives support at the roller ends to be able to tie it down ...

The problem I have with automatic (wind sensored) awnings is... Everything I have out under the awning I want to keep dry... If the awning retracts automatically because of a storm... well.. then what happens...

Reactions: Steve H
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky