New pit

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pirk56

Original poster
Mar 8, 2017
New pit I had built, did my first season tonight. Even cooking on both sides so far, right side is less than 10* from the left. When main chamber is 250* the warming Box is just shy of 200*. I'm in love!! Cooking some ribs and butts this weekend.

Still lacking blast & paint, what paint do y'all use, thinking about SW Heatflex 800, silicone based paint.

Would like to install a gas assist in the fire box. Can y'all post some pics of examples of yalls and what heads y'all use?

While I'm in build mode, what mods could y'all not live with out??

Looks great, good luck with your maiden voyage. I'm interested in paint options too. I still have a ways to go before I paint mine though. I'll check back.

Nice cooker. I seasoned before I sandblasted and sand stuck to the oil on the inside I used Rustoleum High Heat 1200 degree. Get at Lowe's. Nice satin finish, use spay gun and buy quarts not spray cans. Spray gun puts on more paint. Spray a coat, let tack and spray on another.

You might want to put a firewood carrier box on the trailer front to hold wood and a propane tank with weed burner wand to start whatever fire you use. My new cooker is similar to yours ans is hot in 45 minutes.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky