New Pit-Boss pellet grill, first timer!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chops1sc

Original poster
Jun 6, 2016
South Carolina
Picked up a Pit-Boss Pro Series 850 last weekend. This is my first pellet grill but I have an electric smoker so I am not a stranger to the dark art. I got it all burnt in and seasoned and cooked some wings and fries for my first cook. They turned out awesome! I used Meat Church Gospel AP plus some baking powder and added some Smoked Candy sauce at the end (local source). I smoked them for 1 hr @ 250º. Turned it up to 400º and added the sauce to the wings. Threw in the fries and cooked for 30 more minutes.

I am looking forward to cooking some good groceries on this. It is a great addition to my stable.

52230779677_827dda52ea_o.jpg

I just bought 1 last night! How's it working so far? I just got it seasoned today
Gonna try some ribs tomorrow. I have a Smoke Hollow Pro Series gas but I'm getting lazy and looking forward to set it and forget it
IMG_20220731_085521359_HDR.jpg

Reactions: 912smoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky