new pellet from Pit Boss Whiskey Still style

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
so, I do appreciate all the input and recommendations. That is why I love this forum.
I don't think I need the Copperhead vertical as it is likely too big for what I normally do.
I usually smoke just a few racks of ribs or a single butt, maybe 20 wings or so.
that is why I am between the tailgater or the still, but now I see the Copperhead 3 which is a bit smaller and might work.
My thinking is if I don't need the capacity then if I run a smoker that is not full I will just waste $ on pellets

Reactions: drunkenmeatfist
To each their own. I mostly just cook for myself, but I couldn't resist picking this thing up. I don't think it chugs the pellets too much. For the price I would have bought it just to be a dedicated jerky cooker. I use it for quite a bit more than jerky though.

so, just to wrap this up, I ended up picking up the Trailgater Pit Boss. It is small, but big enough for what I do 90% of the time. I still have my electric smoker if/when I need bigger capacity.

I have set it up with no real issues (other than having to reconnect the electrical connection a few times to get it right), did the burn off and kind of tested the temp hold at a few settings. I threw a pork tenderloin on it instead of on my gas grill like I would normally do and I liked the slight smokey flavor after a fairly short cook, pork was very tender and moist. But that was really grilling not smoking low and slow.

Hoping to do some real smoking on it this weekend testing out some ribs.

All and all I think it will be a decent start into pellet smoking for the cost.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky