New Oven Finally

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
I been waiting for a quite a while now for an oven. Was hoping to find good deal Memorial Weekend. Money getting pretty tight right now. Need to make IRA withdraw but down so much don't want to. Really need to go back to work but just can't seem to do it. Anyhow not the deal I was hoping for but got this for $850.

1653597347159.png

Final caught some fish this week:

20220525_113541.jpg

Time to air fry those babies!! My buddy just bought an oven with an air fryer and loves it.

Glad you got the oven, don't stress there are no "good deals" anymore. Are those fresh water striped

They are almost the size of the coastal saltwater ones we get here in NY
striper.jpg

Reactions: Winterrider
Nice Stripers Bri. Did you catch them out of your new boat?

I hear ya about watching investments evaporate. Just when I was thinking that I might be able to quit working. :emoji_angry:

Don't feel too bad; I don't feel like I can spend $850.00 on anything, right now.

I been waiting for a quite a while now for an oven. Was hoping to find good deal Memorial Weekend. Money getting pretty tight right now. Need to make IRA withdraw but down so much don't want to. Really need to go back to work but just can't seem to do it. Anyhow not the deal I was hoping for but got this for $850.

View attachment 632935

View attachment 632936
air fry too.... cool

That's a good stove/oven, Brian. We just bought the same one, but up here with the exchange rate, it cost me $1200 Cdn--ouch.
Gary
Good to here it is good.
Glad you got the oven figured out. Even more glad you caught some fish. Don't stress the retirement and try to enjoy yourself.......for as long as you can
Felt so good catching these. Starting to get it figured out. I dont use live bait so its a challenge. I wish I could get my brother to handle my account. He is so good at it but does not want the responsibility which I understand. I split with Wells Fargo and Fidelity trying to find the better one. Neither doing any good. Hard not to stress but fishing helps. Glad my 97 Jeep holding up good enough to tow boat but its been getting some hick ups.
Nice Fish and oven Brian. Also glad you got your electrical issues figured out.

David
Had a bad outlet in living room and no earth ground. Fixed those and problem went away but still not trusting that oven.
Time to air fry those babies!! My buddy just bought an oven with an air fryer and loves it.
I needed convection to make my pecans. Than Ninja is the greatest air fryer ever! I need to post some of my cooks with it. Just an incredible fryer!
Thanks
Glad you got the oven, don't stress there are no "good deals" anymore. Are those fresh water striped

They are almost the size of the coastal saltwater ones we get here in NY
View attachment 633026
Wow! Think my 10 lb line would of broke on that one!
Nice Stripers Bri. Did you catch them out of your new boat?

I hear ya about watching investments evaporate. Just when I was thinking that I might be able to quit working. :emoji_angry:

Don't feel too bad; I don't feel like I can spend $850.00 on anything, right now.
Yeah it sucks. I retired to early. I claiming $25,000 income to get my Health Ins tax credit and going to have to take it out fairly soon at a fairly big loss it looks like.
air fry too.... cool
Thanks.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Brian, with this inflation and economy, it's tough on retired folks with fixed income, but fishing is a great stress reliever so keep at it and enjoy that boat. I've been retired for 5½ years and it would be very hard for me to go back to work.

632915-0f04b6dc03847a491af80b8b4bcfa749.jpg
Nice fish, glad to see you figuring it out. I tell folks all the time that there's no substitute for time on the water. Even on bad days, I learn something.

Not to hijack your thread , but I caught my personal best striper last month on Cherokee Lake in Tennessee. 26 lbs...
20220408_111542[1].jpg

...and my personal best hybrid at just over 11 lbs...
IMG_0311[1].jpg

Tight lines, buddy, catch em up...

Reactions: TH-n-PA and Nodak21
Brian, with this inflation and economy, it's tough on retired folks with fixed income, but fishing is a great stress reliever so keep at it and enjoy that boat. I've been retired for 5½ years and it would be very hard for me to go back to work.

Nice fish, glad to see you figuring it out. I tell folks all the time that there's no substitute for time on the water. Even on bad days, I learn something.

Not to hijack your thread , but I caught my personal best striper last month on Cherokee Lake in Tennessee. 26 lbs...
View attachment 633029
...and my personal best hybrid at just over 11 lbs...
View attachment 633030
Tight lines, buddy, catch em up...
Wow! Now that a lunker. I just over a year in and got to say been great. I now know what it means I don't know how I ever had time to work.

Appliances can be hard to get and have long waits. Glad you got one. And the stripers look delish!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky