New MES Owner and new to Smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

buck u

Original poster
Dec 12, 2013
Hello everyone. My name is Mark and I am from Saint Marys, Ohio. My family goes camping during the summer and I love to grill over the fire. Taking the step to smoking seamed like the next logical step.

I just bought a 30" Masterbuilt Electric Smoker and I can't wait to try iy out.

Hey Mark this is Mark and I will tell you when I got my first smoker I learned things through smoking chicken and pork butts as they are the most forgiving and cheapest cuts to work with to hone your skill.  Ribs are also fun to learn with but I will tell you now the 3-2-1 or 2-2-1 methods are your best bets.  If you are not sure what those are the search bar at top will be your best friend always as you learn things on this site.  Have fun smoking and welcome to your new soon to be addiction.

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything......  
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Welcome aboard, Mark!  This is the best place I know to share ideas on smoking, grilling, curing, etc.  You'll find there are lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks here who genuinely enjoy helping one another.  Looking forward to your input, and just ask when you need anything...someone here will surely have the answer.

Red

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky