New member from Western Wisconsin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

capnron13

Original poster
May 20, 2014
River Falls WI
Hey everyone,

I have been smoking for about 5 years now and I just thought I would join to borrow/share some ideas with everyone.  I use a CharGriller trio for the most part, but I just added a Masterbuild 40" electric to my arsenal that I am currently trying its maiden voyage.  Looking forward to some new techniques and recipes.

Hello and welcome to the site, congrats on the new addition. Post some pictures of your equipment and smokes.

Gary S

1 quick question, I have been doing a bit of digging in the forums while drinking a beer and smoking the ribs, and I came across lots of abbreviations.  Is there a thread with just the meanings of all of these?  I was unable to find one.  
Thanks again.

Here you go
Acronym
Definition

2-2-1

Method of Smoking Baby Backs - 2 hours smoked - 2 hours wrapped - 1 final hour unwrapped

3-2-1

Method of Smoking Spare Ribs - 3 hours smoked - 2 hours wrapped - 1 final hour unwrapped

5 Day eCourse

A 5 day email course on how to smoke meat

ABT

Atomic Buffalo Turd - A stuffed smoked jalepeno pepper

AMNS

A-Maze-N Smoker

AMNPS

A-Maze-N Pellet Smoker

BCC

Beer Can Chicken

BDS

Big Drum Smoker

BGE

Big Green Egg

BSKD

Brinkmann Smoke King Deluxe

BWS

Backwoods Smoker

CBP

Cracked Black Pepper

CCSV

Camp Chef Smoke Vault

ECB

El Cheapo Brinkman

EVOO

Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Fatty

A 1 pound chub of breakfast sausage turned into a smoked delicasy

GOSM

Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain Smoker

KCBS

Kansas City BBQ Society

MBN

Memphis BBQ Network

MES

Masterbuilt Electric Smokehouse

OTBS

Order of the Thin Blue Smoke

PHD

Post Hole Digger

Qview

Images of Smoked Food.. usually makes you drool;-)

SFB

Side Fire Box

SMF

What Most of Us Endearingly Call The Smoking Meat Forums

SnP

Smoke n Pit

TBS

Thin Blue Smoke

UDS

Ugly Drum Smoker

WSM

Weber Smoky Mountain - Smoker

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky