New Member from NW Florida

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by flabama, Apr 17, 2010.

1. flabama

flabama Newbie

I am about to step into the world of meat smoking. I have routinely destroyed 2-3 fine cuts of meat a year trying to do it on my gas grill, and finally decided to pull the trigger and do it right this year.

After shopping and changing my mind over 17,000 times, I have a Masterbuilt 30-inch smoker in transit from Amazon. Your threads on this model were what made me decide to go with it. Now all I have to do is STUDY here this week and try my first Boston Butt next weekend.

2. northern greenhorn

northern greenhorn Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Welcome to smf, glad you've joined us, I recommend checking out Jeffs free 5 day course, very helpful information in there

3. etcher1

etcher1 Master of the Pit

Welcome [​IMG]to the [color=#08bd09][b][color=#08bd09][b][color=#08bd09][b][color=#08bd09][b][color=#08bd09][b][color=#08bd09][b][color=#08bd09][b][color=#08bd09][b][color=#08bd09][b][color=#08bd09][b][color=#08bd09][b][color=#08bd09][b][color=#08bd09][b][color=#08bd09][b][color=#08bd09][b][color=#08bd09][b][color=#08bd09][b][color=#08bd09][b][color=#08bd09][b][color=#08bd09][b][color=#08bd09][b][color=#08bd09][b][color=#08bd09][b][color=#08bd09][b][color=#08bd09][b][color=#08bd09][b][color=#08bd09][b][color=#08bd09][b][color=#08bd09][b][color=#08bd09][b][color=#08bd09][b][color=#08bd09][b][color=#08bd09][b][color=#08bd09][b][color=#08bd09][b][color=#08bd09][b][color=#08BD09][b]SMF[/b][/color][/b][/color][/b][/color][/b][/color][/b][/color][/b][/color][/b][/color][/b][/color][/b][/color][/b][/color][/b][/color][/b][/color][/b][/color][/b][/color][/b][/color][/b][/color][/b][/color][/b][/color][/b][/color][/b][/color][/b][/color][/b][/color][/b][/color][/b][/color][/b][/color][/b][/color][/b][/color][/b][/color][/b][/color][/b][/color][/b][/color][/b][/color][/b][/color][/b][/color][/b][/color][/b][/color][/b][/color] forum, You came to the right place. Good people and good info.

4. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.

5. treegje

treegje Master of the Pit

Welcome to the SMF, We are glad to have you onboard

6. ronp

ronp Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I think the MES was a good choice, good luck with it.

7. smokednarwhal

smokednarwhal Meat Mopper

Hello from Indiana, welcome to SMF. Glad to have you. Hope you like that MES!

8. bamafan

bamafan Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Welcome to the forum. Where are you in northwest Fl? I’m in Crestview. You’ve found the right place for learning. You’ll have to stay tuned for Piney’s North West FL gather post for next year. Bunch or great people round here. Happy learning at least with smoking the stuff I’ve messed up is still somewhat edible.

9. realtorterry

realtorterry Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome aboard the train[​IMG]

10. irishteabear

irishteabear Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF. Glad you joined us.