New member from Michigan

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

What should I make first

• Ribs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brisket

• Chicken

• Boneless roast

• Other (specify)

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

edgall1979

Original poster
Nov 5, 2013
Trenton Michigan
Hello everyone I am a new member here in Trenton Michigan. I just got my first smoker today and can't wait to try it out. I bought a masterbuilt sportsman elite 30" electric. Finally got a smoker after wanting one for along time and I finally convinced my wife to let em buy one. She don't believe I will use this much and I'm going to prove her wrong! Going to start tomorrow with something easy,

Hello Edgall and welcome to the fun.  Many good folk here with a load of experience that they are more than willing to share.  If you have specific questions just start a thread and someone with experience will be along soon to offer advice.  All info you can provide us with such as smoker type, location and so on will help us answer any questions you may have.  Spend some time doing some research on the forums, tons of advice and recipes already available there.  We look forward to your contributions.  As to your poll:   I will assume you have seasoned your smoker and sealed every leak you can.  I always advise the same with this question.  Chicken leg quarters and maybe some burgers.  I know!  I know!  You have been reading for weeks, now have your smoker, you are ready to get started.  The neighbours’ cat is in danger of being smoked and this idiot says chicken legs and burgers??  WHAT??  The first few smokes are about learning to control temps in YOUR smoker.  Each one can be different.  If that first smoke burns, the dog gets a good meal.  If it ain’t done, finish it in the oven.  Little money lost and with luck you still get a good meal.  TEMP CONTROL!! IS THE KEY!!  Have fun.  Good luck.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

Glad you joined the group. The search bar at the top of any page is your best friend.
About anything you wanna know about smoking/grilling/curing/brining/cutting or slicing
and the list goes on has probably been posted. Remember to post a QVIEW of your smokes.
We are all smoke junkies here and we have to get our fix. If you have questions Post it
and you will probably get 10 replies with 11 different answers. That is because their
are so many different ways to make great Q We all have our own taste.

Happy smoken.

David

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything   ......... It you are new to smoking I would start out with chicken or pork butt pretty easy and forgiving. Tell us about you, your smoker where you live, your hobbies.
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Welcome aboard! You've found the best place I know for sharing ideas on smoking, grilling, curing, etc. There are lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks here who genuinely enjoy helping one another. Looking forward to your input, and just ask when you need anything...someone here will surely have the answer.

Red

Hello and welcome! I too am fairly new to smoking and have the MES30.

I'd start with a chicken. Pretty simple, a fairly quick smoke and delicious!

My first smoke was a pork tenderloin only because I didn't plan in advance.

Post pics of whatever you decide. Good luck and happy smoking!

Welcome to the Forum!!!

You will love it here. Great information and advice to be had. So sit back and enjoy!!!

Also, Chicken is a good starting point.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky