New member from Birmingham,AL...

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by dinymite, May 27, 2009.

1. dinymite

dinymite Newbie

New to the smoking side of cooking. Just bought a basic little smoker this week. Brinkman Smoke 'N Grill. If you don't mind, give me your opinions on it and the basics for a rookie to become a knowledgeable smoker! Look forward to meeting all of you.

2. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF. I would recommend taking the 5 Day E Course. You will learn alot.

3. cajunsmoke13

cajunsmoke13 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome...Enjoy the site.

4. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF glad you joined us. Congrats on the new smoker. As Brian said start with the 5 Day Ecourse great info and its free. You'll find lots of good info here and some great recipes. If you have questions people around here like to help you out too. Have fun and happy smoking

5. gooose53

gooose53 Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Welcome to the SMF!!

6. Welcome to the group. I'm down in Mobile. Does that Smoke n Grill have a side firebox?? If so check out the mods for the smoke n pit. I am sure you will benefit from the enhancements.

Vegas Frak

7. dinymite

dinymite Newbie

look forward to getting to know more of you on here.

8. jamesb

jamesb Smoking Fanatic

Welcome to the forum!

9. irishteabear

irishteabear Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF. Glad you joined us.

10. countrysmoked

countrysmoked Smoke Blower

Welcome to the forum. I'm new here to but you can learn a lot here. Take the course like they said but the key is temp control and low and slow welcome aboard

11. forluvofsmoke

forluvofsmoke Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Glad you found us...welcome aboard! I don't know your smoker at all, the only charcoal smokes I do are on a charcoal grill...getting to where I like it alot though. My main rigs are all gassers.

The charcoal smoker forum will give you some pointers for mods and methods, the e-course will give you alot of insight as well.

Enjoy, and happy smokin' to ya!

Eric

12. bbrock

bbrock Meat Mopper

Welcome to SMF am new to all of this my self. And from day one people on here has given me a lot of helpful info.. You will like this forum..

13. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to the SMF, read around the different forums and you'll pickup some great info. It's all good my friend.

14. jjrokkett

jjrokkett Meat Mopper

Welcome to the forum - Glad you joined!

15. sumosmoke

sumosmoke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Gotta welcome a Roll Tide fan! Glad you're here at SMF with us. Pull up a stool and share some smoke with us!

16. Welcome to SMF, glad to have you aboard!

17. danmcg

danmcg Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Hello again Dinymite. Welcome to SMF.

18. fire it up

fire it up Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Welcome dinymite.
    I think you are in for a real treat. You truly picked the perfect site for all of you smoking wants and needs. The information and help that you will gain from this site is invaluable.
    Never be afraid to ask any question no matter what it may be, folks here are always happy and willing to help out a fellow smoker.
    Good luck, and hope to see some beautiful Qview.

19. caljr

caljr Fire Starter

Glad to have you. Welcome.

20. mcp9

mcp9 Meat Mopper

Roll Tide!