New maverick or igrill?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have both the Mav ET-732 and igrill.   I get real poor wireless reception with the igrill.   Disconnects each time I enter my house.   Love the Maverick.

I've had good luck with my iGrill as well.  I have noticed that direct sunlight can cause the sending unit to get hot and quit sending.  To solve the problem I keep it in the shade. (I hammered a nail on the inner skirt of the side table I built where I hang the iGrill)  I haven't had any issues since I started doing that.

I've also noticed the iPhone uses the battery up pretty quick when paired with the iGrill.  I keep the iPhone plugged in while using the iGrill to solve that issue.

I am using it as I type to monitor my jerky cook right now.

Here's a graph from a 15 hour cook yesterday with no iGrill issues:

Last edited:

I've had good luck with my iGrill as well.  I have noticed that direct sunlight can cause the sending unit to get hot and quit sending.  To solve the problem I keep it in the shade. (I hammered a nail on the inner skirt of the side table I built where I hang the iGrill)  I haven't had any issues since I started doing that.

I've also noticed the iPhone uses the battery up pretty quick when paired with the iGrill.  I keep the iPhone plugged in while using the iGrill to solve that issue.

Here's a graph from a 15 hour cook with no iGrill issues:

I haven't noticed a heat issue, but I have noticed the iPhone battery issue. OF course ever since one of the last updates to my iPhone the battery doesn't last as long as it used to. I think that to date the iGrill has the best alarm features. I really like being able to set the range alarms for watching the smoker. Being able to program the alarms for whatever you want is nice too.

The iGrill works with Android, but it's not a very good device in my opinion. Range is terrible, and mine locked up a few times and required me to pull all the batteries out.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky