New Masterbuilt portable ........

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
*BUMP*

Does anyone here have one of these? I love my 560 a lot, this looks pretty damn cool. Like that it's battery powered, seems pricey but do any other portable battery powered cookers that aren't pellet grills even exist?

I don't have one so can't comment. But, man I don't know. I think I would be more for a Weber Q1200 for portable grilling.

Seems priced right to me relative to other gravity charcoal machines. Sure it's small, but if you're cooking for just one or two, or if your patio is similarly small, it might be just right. And it's portable...think weekend camp-outs...that can be important. My size beef would be the lid height. You can do a rib rack or tri-tip, but not a roast or butt...guess you cut them in half. But life is compromise.

But it doesn't hold much fuel. I see no claim of cook time per fill at typical smoking temps. The whole point of a gravity machine is to do long charcoal-based smokes without fire-tending. If it can't do that, I'm not sure the benefit over a small $40 charcoal grill with starter chimney?

Glad it comes with a power cord. Hard to believe the 4 AA batteries are going to last the claimed 16h. If you're really taking it camping, better bring fresh batteries each time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky