New Masterbuilt Charcoal Cabinet Digital

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mike243

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 25, 2018
E Tn
Seen somebody posted another message about this smoker, I am thinking about it but its out of stock till almost January , looks to be a minion style charcoal basket with fan like the Gravity fed smokers

I upgraded to that smoker this year and I really love it. It holds temps fantastic and heats up quickly. You also spend a lot less time tending to the fire like a stick burner.

Reactions: Millberry and DPB
Where did you find this smoker? First i can find said December 28 available

I'm looking at this one too. It's $349.99 from MB. Seems like a good system. Wasi Wasi How often do you use yours? Have you done any long cooks on it? Any mods needed? Thanks for any info you can share. I've mostly done MES electric for years. Tried the pellet thing for 1 year, didn't like it too much. This charcoal/lump charcoal seems like it might give flavor closer to a stick burner with a lot less work.

Wonder if it will have similar firebox issues as the gravity 560/1050 series

There's very few reviews on the MB site. Don't want to pull the trigger and then have problems.

This design is harder to mess up. Pit Boss cabinets tend to have fewer issues than their traditional horizontal units. Doesn't require as large a fire or as much airflow in a fully vertical cooker. Firebox won't get as hot, and it looks like this thing only runs up to 400°F.

Reactions: MJB05615
Its not made the same as the gravity and I dont see it having a lot of problems

I read a negative review that it came from the package with several welds broken, and 1 door not closing properly. The other reviews were good, but all were given it for free to test. The negative review actually purchased it. It seems like a very good idea.

It looks like a much simpler design than the GF smokers. A giant charcoal basket and a fan to regulate air getting to the fire. Not much to go wrong or burn out. I Love seeing new innovative designs hitting the market...JJ

I just pulled the trigger Saturday night on Amazon, they had 16 in stock, due to deliver Tuesday night. I was surprised, cause it had been out of stock on Amazon and MB until late Dec or mid Jan. So it's due tomorrow, and I should have it up and running this week, barring complications, lol. I'll post pics and reports asap. Wish me luck.

Good Luck then. Always an exciting time to be getting a new Smoker. Any Cooking TOYS really...JJ

I just pulled the trigger Saturday night on Amazon, they had 16 in stock, due to deliver Tuesday night. I was surprised, cause it had been out of stock on Amazon and MB until late Dec or mid Jan. So it's due tomorrow, and I should have it up and running this week, barring complications, lol. I'll post pics and reports asap. Wish me luck.

Good luck. Amazon is out of stock again but Masterbuilt has them in stock.

Do you know if the temps can get low enough to smoke beef jerky?

I don't know if the temps get low enough to smoke Jerky. Once I get using I will find out and let you know however.

Reactions: psychobrew
Good Luck then. Always an exciting time to be getting a new Smoker. Any Cooking TOYS really...JJ
Thanks JJ, it's been such a long time since a new Smoker for me or anything else for that matter, lol. I hope I remember how to get excited, lol.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky