New mailbox

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cmayna

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 23, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
Wife started complaining that the mail has been starting to stick in the mailbox. Guess it was time to get a new one:
IMG_1256.JPG
IMG_1258.JPG
IMG_1257.JPG

I'm sure it's helped put lots of good food on the table. That was one of the best mods that I did with my smoker.

I'm having some issues with mine also, I only get smoke if I put my flag up!! :emoji_laughing:

When the mailbox starts to drip that dark stuff, especially during its storage, I figured it is time to get another mailbox in the que. None of the pics above really show how thick and gooey it really is in there. Think today will be a good day to run some smoke thru the newbie. Oh and the new neck is already made and broken in.

Last edited:
i just stick my propane torch with a MAP bottle in the mailbox. Light the torch and burn for a few minutes. The black stuff burns off and can be scraped out easily.

Nice job drilling the draft holes in the door Craig. Have you de-burred those holes? They look real clean. I see what looks like draft holes through the bottom of the box, too. ?

What do you use to generate the smoke?

Yes, all hole are de-burred and there are some holes in the bottom as well. I sometimes use one of my AMNPS, but typically use a AMNTS on a support.

Yes, all hole are de-burred and there are some holes in the bottom as well. I sometimes use one of my AMNPS, but typically use a AMNTS on a support.

I've got several of the tubes. Been thinking of getting a mailbox and building a small box with racks for cool smoking.

Thanks for your input, Craig.

Here's a couple pics of one of my AMNTS with it's support stand. I found that lifting the tube off the floor of the mailbox helps airflow.
IMG_1266.JPG

IMG_1268.JPG

Here is one of my stands holding a newer oval shaped tubes. Don't really think the shape of the tube will make much difference.......
IMG_1269.JPG

Reactions: one eyed jack
Thanks again Craig. I figured that raising the tubes off of the floor of the mailbox would be a good idea. Your stand looks like a real good idea. Nice design and fabrication on your part.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky