New Jimmy Build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jtcannonball

Original poster
Aug 14, 2012
So I'm about 90% done. Basket and air intake is all that is left. I would be done with the air intake but I'm debating one large ball valve or just a 3/4 with two nipples and caps. I'm very excited to fire this guy up this weekend. A lot of credit to all the previous builders on here for lots of ideas and a solid blue print of what to do. I'll add pics one I realize how to do it.

20171010_182701.jpg
20171010_183352.jpg

Reactions: hinds90 and Braz
Been enjoying my mini so far this summer. Can't wait to join you and the others with the Jimmy build. Already have the jumbo joe just wanted to wait to see if I could find a cheap pot to keep the build price low. Did you use the concord pot?

I bought the Concord 80qt pot off of eBay. Was roughly $103 shipped I believe.

Any smokes on this bad boy yet? Still haven't built mine. Can you lay a whole slab of spare ribs flat in there. Can't decide if I want to build the Jimmy or a UDS.

It’s pretty awesome. Here are two full slabs on the top grate. So I could run 4 easily and several more if I stood them in a rib rack.
6504BF09-9DDF-45B6-9C85-9DEE7811E4ED.jpeg

Looking good! Are you aware of gallon drum that would work with the jumbo joe? I have seen some pictures with the jumbo joe and 18.5 kettle tops on ugly drum smokers but can never find out the size.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky