New here and to smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mkatts

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 14, 2007
Columbus, OH
Howdy all!
Just got my first real smoker. Char-griller with side fire box. Before that I used my (whispering and looking around) gas grill with soked wood chips. I thought the flvaor rocked until my first attempt with baby backs on the smoker. I bought Jeff's rub/suace recipe. When I first saw the price, honeslty I was a little put off, but the more I thought about, if I liked it, it was a life time of praise! :-) Plus, I know the money goes to support the site. I don't mind chipping in to help a good resource! I really do love it, so does my wife! And she wasn't the q-ing type until now!

Thanks for all the great info everyone!

Welcome MKatts. I too invested in the rub after a bad 'free recipe' experience. You get what you pay for. Anyway, as you know by now, store bought rub will cost you $5-$8 bucks a jar
frown.gif
Just a couple of mixes of Jeff's rub and it is payed for and then a life time of pay off
PDT_Armataz_01_18.gif

Best regards and great smokin
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

mkatts, welcome to the forum. There are char-grillers here, so if you have any questions please ask away. Read up on the modifications and tips, you'll find that it can get even better.

Keep Smokin

Welcome Mkatts -

Glad to have you aboard! I used to throw soaked wood chips in my grill too. Nothing wrong with that it got us here!

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky