• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

New here and to smoking

mkatts

Smoke Blower
Joined Feb 14, 2007
Howdy all!
Just got my first real smoker. Char-griller with side fire box. Before that I used my (whispering and looking around) gas grill with soked wood chips. I thought the flvaor rocked until my first attempt with baby backs on the smoker. I bought Jeff's rub/suace recipe. When I first saw the price, honeslty I was a little put off, but the more I thought about, if I liked it, it was a life time of praise! :-) Plus, I know the money goes to support the site. I don't mind chipping in to help a good resource! I really do love it, so does my wife! And she wasn't the q-ing type until now!

Thanks for all the great info everyone!

chris_harper

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 21, 2006
welcome to SMF. did you sign up for the e-course? lots of good info in it.

naplesroo

Smoke Blower
Joined Jan 13, 2007
Welcome MKatts. I too invested in the rub after a bad 'free recipe' experience. You get what you pay for. Anyway, as you know by now, store bought rub will cost you $5-$8 bucks a jar
Just a couple of mixes of Jeff's rub and it is payed for and then a life time of pay off

Best regards and great smokin

pigcicles

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 25, 2006
mkatts, welcome to the forum. There are char-grillers here, so if you have any questions please ask away. Read up on the modifications and tips, you'll find that it can get even better.

Keep Smokin

husker bbq

Joined Jan 28, 2007
Welcome, I am also a newbie, but I have found, just ask anything you need or are wondering and everyone here is super helpful.

deejaydebi

Legendary Pitmaster
Joined Nov 18, 2006
Welcome Mkatts -

Glad to have you aboard! I used to throw soaked wood chips in my grill too. Nothing wrong with that it got us here!

ultramag

SMF Events Planning Committee
Joined Apr 17, 2006
Welcome to SMF mkatts!!! Enjoy the forums and post often.

msmith

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 22, 2006
Welcome to the forum mkatts take a stroll around, fire up that smoker and show us some pics.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.