New guy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

El Carnicero

Original poster
Jan 12, 2022
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum but not new to smoking meats, or butchery.

I'm a butcher with 16 years of back ground in everything from slaughter to smoked meat processing to Government Meat Inspection.
I am currently a Meat Inspector with Alberta Agriculture and Forestry and have been doing that for 13 years.
I also process wild game in my garage/mini butcher shop during hunting season, and have been doing that for the last 10 years or so.
I am a graduate of Olds College Meats Processing course and have worked at both retail butcher shops and small packing plant operations in the past, in all facility capacities.

I'm glad I can join the forum and hope to learn lots from everyone here.
Currently I'm looking at either purchasing or building my own smoker.
I'm looking to buy a Louisiana Grills Series 7, or build my own from a Bread proofer.

Welcome Northern neighbor you will LOVE this place so much here from smoking to sou vide and there's not many trolls or jerks here like you see on some of the other pages and fb hell.

Welcome from Mississippi! Glad you joined. look forward to your post and pics ( we are very visually oriented on here.)
Jim

Welcome from FL! You will find answers to anything you need here, and it sounds like you will be able to share a lot of knowledge with us too!

Welcome from Missouri .
I'm a butcher with 16 years of back ground in everything from slaughter to smoked meat processing to Government Meat Inspection.
Good . I'm going to put you to work . Beef knuckle , after you break it down is it sirloin cap ? sirloin tip ? or neither .

Generally considered Sirloin Tip.
Thanks ! That's what I thought , but wasn't sure . I buy a lot of them from GFS . Just got done breaking one down that I bought yesterday . 2 nice roast , stew meat and some clean trim for sausage .
Thanks for the reply , I really appreciate it .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky