New Guy In NW Pa

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jdr1963

Original poster
Dec 29, 2009
Erie, PA
Hello to all,

Guess I started wrong by posting somewhere else first. Will try to correct that now. Been watching the smf for almost a year. And I must say getting plenty of help and great ideas. I have a side-box wood smoker as well as a MES 30" that have gotten plenty of use.

Each has its good points. I recently bought an amazen smoker that is a great addition to the MES. The following is just some of what I tried making this last year. Pulled pork, Canadian Bacon, Buck board Bacon, Beef Brisket, Venision pastrami, Smoked Turkey,

Venison sausages of all kinds, Venison Snack sticks (smokies),  Venison summer sausage and Smoked Steel Head.

I have a #32 homemade grinder, a #15lbs vertical stuffer (after using a jerky cannon for years) and a Hobart 1612 Slicer I picked up for a steel last spring.  When I'm not cooking or smoking I'm making molds in a toolshop, fixing up old Oliver and Moline tractors, hunting for more meat or Singing in the Church Folk group. Thanks for a great Forum!

My smokies will be done soon temp 153F. I have another 5# to do tommorrow they wouldn't all fit in the smoker at one time.

JDR1963

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

Hey good to hear from you. Sounds as though you have all the goodies to really keep you busy smok'n. I have relatives not to far from you , Ohio, in Ashtbula county. Have never done steel head but have done lots of salmon.

Bob

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Welcome to SMF officially glad you decided to join in. Sounds like you've been keeping busy with the smokes. Have fun and happy smoking

Thanks for the introduction, and welcome to the SMF. Glad to know that you've made use of the great reading material available here. It's all good my friend.

icon_cool.gif

First off Welcome JDR to SMF. You'll like it here for there are alot of really good folks here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking. Now there are alot of proven recipes for some amazing things here too. So the next big thing for you to do is go out and get you something to smoke and if you happen to have any questions just post it here and we will be happy to answer them for you.

Welcome To Your New Addiction          

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky