New Guy From Northwest Indiana

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

soupcan

Original poster
Nov 25, 2013
Lake County, IN
Hello all,

I have joined this forum this week like many others lately in preparation for Thanksgiving.  I have always enjoyed grilling and just got into smoking meats about a year ago.  A couple of months ago I came across the Smoking-Meat.com website and I have learned a lot of great recipes there.  As I frequented that site, I was led to this forum so I thought I would join and try to learn more.  Just by doing a few searches yesterday and today, I have learned all about "spatchcocking" so I can smoke my 23# turkey tomorrow.  I also learned that I have been missing the boat on the AMNPS addition to my MES 40, so I ordered one 5 minutes ago.  Looking forward to that!

So far, my favorite thing to smoke is a Maple Bourbon Ham recipe, but I do ribs much more frequently.  I have still not yet perfected my brisket method but I have not given up.  I just can't get it as tender as I would like.

The two smokers I go between now are my Camp Chef Smoke Vault propane smoker and my newer generation MES 40 that will soon be mated with the AMNPS.

If anybody has any tips on spatchcocked turkeys or briskets, I am all ears.

Jeff

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything  ........
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky