new guy from NH

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

boghog1

Original poster
Apr 5, 2012
Southern NH
Just wanted to introduce myself. New to smoking for the most part. Had an old cube smoker and last fall built my own uds. If I figure out how to post pics from my phone I'll post them up

Well I made it to a computer so here it is on its maiden firing

40283157_2011-11-24_10-40-07_827.jpg

Hello Boghog 1 and 
welcome1.gif
to SMF - judging by the amount of white smoke coming out of your smoker, I am hoping it was just for seasoning the unit. That much smoke is dangerous for food. What you want for food is thin blue smoke. Let me know if you have any questions on this and I will be glad to help.

Welcome Boghog1. Glad you found us , looks like you need a TBS lesson (LOL). If there's anything in there it will be coated with Creosote (yuk)
frown.gif

But don't worry , we like helping , ask anything and we'll get an answer for you ...the only dumb question you can ask is "none" . So have fun and jump in there , it's almost Summer and we can't afford to waste any of it , it's 2012 and you know what the masses are saying...(LOL)

Have fun here and.....

Welcome to SMF...
welcome1.gif
..........Scarbelly is spot on..
439.gif
..Tell us you are just seasoning da-smoker........Get the fire extinguisher.......
laugh1.gif

Just kidding... I've got kind of a sick sense of humor going tonight....TBS (thin blue smoke)....is the way to go.......

On a serious note....Glad you joined our group....
xrocker.gif

welcome1.gif
 to SMF . You have come to the right place for smoking info. This site is loaded with great info just use the search bar at top of page to find what you are looking for. If you can't locate the answer just ask folks here are willing to share there knowledge. Check out  the 5 day e-course on smoking its chuck full of great info, and may help ya out. Smoking  5-Day e-Course  

Holy cow! I have been going through this site for the past several days and all I can say is WOW! this is going to turn into an obsession I can feel it already, next I need to build a small cold smoker and then a bigger smoke house, I need to smoke some hides anyway because I have wanted to learn tanning too.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky