New guy from Louisville Kentucky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Ryan Engler

Original poster
Feb 9, 2021
Hello from Louisville Kentucky. Thinking about starting up a pull behind smoker business. Any tips? Any idea on earnings?

Any advise would help. Thanks..now lets get smoking.

Attachments

• smoker.jpg
    smoker.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 28
  • smoker 2.jpg
    smoker 2.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 28
Welcome to the Forum Ryan. You came to the right place to get answers to your questions. These guys are something else! The smoker looks like it's doing a great job and has some good size. I'll yield to the experts on the equipment side and smoker/cooking issues. But I can give you a spreadsheet to chew on that might help answer your question on earnings. As for advice: Go with the experts in this and the resturant business as a whole. I would look into some of the resturant sites that I use for the "business management" side: ServeSafe - ServSafe® - Food Handler, Manager and Responsible Alcohol Training - Home food safety program for fundamental food safety issue, Culinary Information for Professional Chefs - Chefs Resources (chefs-resources.com) - great kitchen spreadsheets and resource information. 🍻

Attachments

• BBQ_Catering_Planner (1).xls
    88 KB · Views: 8
Welcome to the Forum Ryan. You came to the right place to get answers to your questions. These guys are something else! The smoker looks like it's doing a great job and has some good size. I'll yield to the experts on the equipment side and smoker/cooking issues. But I can give you a spreadsheet to chew on that might help answer your question on earnings. As for advice: Go with the experts in this and the resturant business as a whole. I would look into some of the resturant sites that I use for the "business management" side: ServeSafe - ServSafe® - Food Handler, Manager and Responsible Alcohol Training - Home food safety program for fundamental food safety issue, Culinary Information for Professional Chefs - Chefs Resources (chefs-resources.com) - great kitchen spreadsheets and resource information. 🍻

Wow..thanks this is a great start up. Thanks for taking time to send this to me.

Reactions: Wurstmeister
That chart is phenomenal!

That chart is phenomenal!

Smoke Signal - Glad you found the spread sheet useful. Here is a copy of my reply to the How many "Boston Butts" thread back in Jan 2021 that will give you the source in case you lose the one you're working on.

The posted chart came from the Meadow Creek BBQ site working with a prior group. https://www.smokymtbarbecue.com/bbq-tools/bbq-catering-planner.php This is the same website as below, but takes you to an older file location.

Meadow Creek BBQ site in Lancaster, PA has a very good FREE BBQ Catering Planning Planner and an Excel Spreadsheet that might be useful to you and others. Catering Planner (meadowcreekbbq.com) To get the worksheet, you have to download their planner pdf file. The worksheet link is at the end of the pdf. 🍻

Reactions: Ryan Engler
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky