New girl from Colorado

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

MileHighSmokerGirl

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 29, 2019
Denver, CO
Hello,

My name is Hannah. I live in Colorado and love to bbq, smoke, bake, cook and fry. I'm also a photographer, car enthusiast and hiker.

I just bought my first smoker back in October. It's a $15 facebook special, but it gets the job done.

It's a Brinkmann Charcoal Smoker and it has performed wonderfully the two times I have used it.
77049752_2597540470532412_3529126240021643264_n.jpg

Reactions: rabb and JC in GB
Glad to have you join :-)

Do yourself a service and get an independent Thermo for your ECB. The little guy in the lid is just awful at monitoring temps.

Learning to master that smoker will really make you appreciate your next one, should you choose to continue down the rabbit hole of smoking meats. Careful though, it's damn addicting!

Glad to have you join :-)

Do yourself a service and get an independent Thermo for your ECB. The little guy in the lid is just awful at monitoring temps.

Learning to master that smoker will really make you appreciate your next one, should you choose to continue down the rabbit hole of smoking meats. Careful though, it's damn addicting!

I ordered a Lavatools Javelin Pro meat thermometer for meat.

But Jeff's own site said to upgrade the thermostat in the lid with a Grill Care Heavy Duty Temp Gauge, which I did.

78827064_441320353242395_5467071554774892544_n.jpg

Reactions: Fueling Around
Welcome to Nirvana. It the greatest place for foodies cooks grillers and smokers.

Welcome.
A little graphics rework and the Brinkmann is your signature
SMOKE' N GIRLL.

Scratching my head now. Usually after a woman starts posting, she gets about 2X the likes versus number of posts.

Woo Hoo, I get the first like

Reactions: MileHighSmokerGirl
Hello,

My name is Hannah. I live in Colorado and love to bbq, smoke, bake, cook and fry. I'm also a photographer, car enthusiast and hiker.

I just bought my first smoker back in October. It's a $15 facebook special, but it gets the job done.

It's a Brinkmann Charcoal Smoker and it has performed wonderfully the two times I have used it.
View attachment 413190
My wife and I do photography as a hobby. Welcome!

Welcome aboard the board , I bought 1 of those when I first started this smoking hobby 30 some odd years ago, I don't think I ever paid attention to the temps because you basically cant control it, I never added any charcoal after the first full fill up, I would add wood chunks once in awhile. never burnt any thing and I kept water in the pan. I lit the charcoal at the door side with a propane torch and let it work its way thru the charcoal. You will make some great food with it till 1 day you want to upgrade, a Weber is the next step and may satisfy you for life lol. the only thing you might like to have is a thermometer to put in the meat to know exactly when its done without having to open the door and probe the meat, remember if your looking your not cooking

Hey there from So Cal. I had a Brinkmann as well in the beginning of my obsession. I had great success with mine but when it rusted out I decided to go big with an offset. You are going to have lots of fine cooks on that little guy Hannah. Welcome aboard, and since photography is your passion I expect some amazing Que view from you very soon.
G

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky