New From FL

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jawa78

Original poster
Jul 30, 2016
Yes a hello from the freakshow state,  I get to say that well because I am from Florida and frankly that is why we have our own entry on fark.com ha.  

I started smoking because well i love good bbq. There are plenty of places around where they offer up some great bbq but also pay a high price for low and slow.  Being in I.T. I tend to be a little over logical but why am I paying 10 dollars for a pull pork sandwich and some fries when I can make smoke a pork butt and make a ton of sandwiches and frankly bbq gets better after a few days rest.  

I figured I join and stead of just lurking around as I been pretty sucessful so far lots of people have told me how good my stuff has come out but I want to get better and I been asked to cater my company's next monthly meeting /lunch and learn and will say could use the guidance of some pros to make sure everyone is well feed and taken care of . 

Welcome to the site!  Glad you joined us.  Pulled pork will make a nice lunch, just gotta figure out how much you need.

Mike

Welcome from a fellow Newbie !

And I will be looking for some of those recipes your bragging about  
drool.gif

Just getting started myself with a MES Electric, been using the Char Grill for years with a side burner but just to cook, also new to the brine and cure, can't wait  
drool.gif

I was figuring pull pork and pulled chicken ( a couple of people in the office dont eat beef or pork but will eat chicken)  

Looking at 35 or so people.   I had some really good pork butts come out of my MES 40 (bluetooth) aka gen2.5  I have yet to master chicken it never seems to come out right either dry or some time under cooked and i have to finish it in the oven.  I just cant get seem to get that great smoked chicken taste and I need to try and keep it moist no one like dried out pulled chicken. 

I was figuring pull pork and pulled chicken ( a couple of people in the office dont eat beef or pork but will eat chicken)  

Looking at 35 or so people.   I had some really good pork butts come out of my MES 40 (bluetooth) aka gen2.5  I have yet to master chicken it never seems to come out right either dry or some time under cooked and i have to finish it in the oven.  I just cant get seem to get that great smoked chicken taste and I need to try and keep it moist no one like dried out pulled chicken. 
I am going to get into that as I am a BBQ Lover from way back, but I want a 100 lbs or so of Jerky first, getting some storage up and ready for rough seas  
welcome1.gif

Cant wait to fire up, uh I mean turn on the smoker, I do get to fire up the pellets for smoke !

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky