New food enthusiast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dustydo

Original poster
Dec 28, 2013
Edmond, Oklahoma
Hello Smoking Meat Forums, 

My name is Dustin. I've been reading your forums for months and finally sat down to join. I am an amateur grill/smoker enthusiast that enjoys the heck out of cooking for others. The larger the group I can feed the more I enjoy it. I'm 32 and live in Edmond, OK and work in Oklahoma City. A few years ago when I bought my first place, I bought a grill and then a smoker before I had a TV in the living room. Needless to say, I may have stared at the blank wall for months, but I was eating good! I've done pork loins, ribs, briskets, chicken, and the norm. This year's (2013) goal was to do a turducken in the smoker for thanksgiving, and I did, and I am looking forward to trying a pig on my own this next year. I enjoy cooking for others, the more the merrier. I have an Infrared Charbroil, a 6 shelf digital Bradley, and just added a Rec Tec wood pellet to the lineup. I also just got a CanCooker Jr for Christmas and it fits in the Rec Tec perfectly as I found out with the ribs I just did when I had the vegetables in the can cooker the last hour on the side. I am thankful to all of your posts I have read over the last few months, glad to have joined, and look forward to learning more from you in the future! Dustin

Hello Dustin and Welcome to our addiction.  A word of warning: There is no 12 step program for this one!  Many good folk here with a load of experience that they are more than willing to share.  If you have specific questions just start a thread and someone with experience will be along soon to offer advice.  All info you can provide us with such as smoker type, location and so on will help us answer any questions you may have.  Spend some time doing some research on the forums, tons of advice and recipes already available there.  We look forward to your contributions.  Have fun.  Good luck.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky